CIRCUS SESSIONS FOR ATTAINMENT
How our sessions help to close the attainment gap:
- Circus encourages young people to develop a growth-oriented mindset
- Help children to enjoy and participate in physical activity, for healthier futures
- Develop physical literacy and confidence in early years
- Share the fun and playfulness of circus
Circus sessions can be incorporated into Pupil Equity funded activities, for example:
- Open sessions for parents and children, running after school, during holidays and weekends. Can be a one-off activity featuring tasters of different circus skills, or a block of sessions focusing on building skills in their chosen circus discipline and doing a low-key performance.
- Health Week – we can deliver hula hoop fitness sessions including warm-up and cool-down techniques, dance choreography and balance challenges
- Science Week – Circus Science show & practical workshops, developed for the Institute of Physics, explore concepts of friction, centripetal force and momentum.
- Creative/Drama development – half hour show including themes of failure and persistence. Can include workshops in creative storytelling and circus skills.